Scope: Responsible for all activities associated with stacking sheets from the corrugator including setup, operation, quality, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform required quality checks and inspection.
- Relay messages to proper personnel promptly regarding necessary adjustments.
- Insure that all special instructions are followed.
- Verify that unit counts are correct. Hand count or inch count when necessary.
- Insure that proper load tags are in each unit.
- Sort, restack, flip stack, and hand band units as necessary.
- Place protective top and bottom sheets (dunnage) and insert tie sheets when applicable.
- Operate corrugator conveyor lines and unitizer.
- Adhere to the production schedule. Make recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Report any unusual scheduling issues to the Supervisor.
- Assist corrugator crew as assigned by supervisor.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Learn to back up Slitter Operator and Doublebacker when necessary.
- Learn to read corrugator lineups.
- Assist in the training of dry end personnel.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED required.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- 6 months experience on the corrugator.