FST Trailer Center is growing, and that means we’re adding experienced Technicians! Serving a diverse network of customers with unique and specific service needs, we pride ourselves on having the talent and resources needed to get the job done. From our state-of-the-art facility located just West of the South Bend Airport, to our dedication to continued training and access to resources, we foster a company atmosphere that will be conducive to your success!
A qualifying candidate will have the ability to meet the job-at-hand; being able to trouble-shoot and repair all aspects of the job. Candidates with specializations and certifications are a plus, but training is provided.
Who We Are
FST Trailer Center was founded in 2005 as a collaborative with Five Star Sheets and FS Transportation. Over the last 15+ years of serving the Midwest, FST Trailer Center has prided itself on a standard of service recognized by customers from Chicago to Detroit, and Grand Rapids to Indianapolis.
Services We Offer
FST Trailer Center specializes in:
- DOT Inspections
- On-Site Fleet Inspections
- All Trailer Repairs
- Minor Truck Repair
- Custom Maintenance Programs
- Truck/Trailer fabrication
- Perform general and detailed repair of commercial trucks & trailers.
- Ability to accurately read repair orders.
- Ability to write thorough, organized documentation of diagnostic findings, repair status, and work performed using service notes to aid internal and customer communication.
- Ability to accurately observe and diagnose vehicle operations, obtain diagnostics information, identify root cause malfunctions, plan work procedures, and perform necessary repairs on a vehicle as authorized.
- Perform quality checks of all work performed including road testing repaired vehicle to verify repairs resolved any issue (Some vehicles may require a CDL &/or special endorsements. Accommodations can be made for technicians without a CDL).
- Communicate with Maintenance Department to order and verify necessary parts.
- Communicate with Assistant Garage Manager and Garage Manager regarding status updates or requests.
- Comply with FST Trailer Centers safety rules to avoid injuries to oneself and others; report any unsafe conditions. FST Trailer Center Employees are required to answer daily safety questions as a condition of employment.
- Follow federal, state, and local regulations governing service repair work of commercial vehicles.
You may also send your resume to HR@fivestarsheets.com or apply directly on our website at fivestarsheets.com/employment-opportunities
FST Trailer Center and Associated Companies are equal opportunity employers.